8.22.2009

Thunderstorms. (Thirteen days until school.)

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened
but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock
during a thunderstorm."- Robert Louis Stevenson

Thunderstorms. I can't tell you how much I love them, live for them. Especially ones that creep up on you unexpectedly in the middle of the night. Shocker...it's 1:30 in the morning, there's endless downpour, lightning's bringing life to the world around me and deafening crackles of thunder are piercing my ears as I type away. I know so many people who hate such weather; they think it's ugly, terrifying. I don't know how they don't see the beauty in the disaster.

They have a general formula as to what you're supposed to expect, but yet you somehow never really know what to expect. You know what they're typically composed of, but that still doesn't make it definite...you still never really put you're full trust into it, because you never know if there's a catch. Sometimes they're simple...what some would call dull...but they definitely make up for it on other days. For example...right now. I'm in the midst of one of those raw ones...you know, the one's that aren't effing around, because they mean business. This lightning seems like it's too close for comfort...that's alright with me.

I'm going to go enjoy it until it winds down a bit so I can get some sleep without the craving for the chaos outside my window, combined with the slight fear for my life screaming from deep inside of me. Night.

*Listening to*: Remembering Sunday-ATL(ft. Juliet Simms)

It's Late-Queen

Light Up the Sky-Yellowcard

(huh...the last two sound like puns.)

1 comment:

  1. I adore thunderstorms too, its my favourite type of weather to sit and watch. Not that I'm a weirdo who endlessly gazes at the weather but you know what I mean lol.
    Winter is my favourite season, love it! Not long to wait now :)

    ReplyDelete